All grade levels enjoy the same units of study. However, the depth and challenge of study vary among groups.
(JUNE 29-July 3)
- Crystals: Campers create large salt crystals, make rock candy, and learn how crystals form in nature.
- Guess Who? Forensic Lab: Campers analyze handwriting, dust for fingerprints, and read secret codes to solve a mystery.
- Oculus Virtual Reality: National Geographic Explore; Mission: ISS; & Ocean Rift
Campers use Oculus VR headsets to explore Earth’s seas and landmasses. Campers may also choose to blast off into space.
- Lego Challenges & Free-Build: Campers solve a number of building challenges. Campers may also opt to build a creation of their own design.
- Puppet Show Set Design: Using Makedo Cardboard Construction Tool Kits, campers design and build puppet theaters.
- Drones: Navigating sphere-shaped robots or flying quad-copters, campers practice drop-down programming and flying techniques.
- Veggie Racers: Campers make 3D printed race cars that can carry vegetables of various weights, shapes, and sizes.
- Kids in the Kitchen: Campers make no-bake sweet and savory treats and then conduct taste-tests.
- Light Show: Campers make LED flashlights and design reflectors to create a unique light show.
- Breakout Boxes: Campers find clues and solve challenges that enable them to open locked boxes to discover hidden treasure.
- Wixie Presentations: Campers use a computer application called Wixie to make a multimedia project to share.
- Clay Creatures: Campers make, bake, and paint clay creations.
- Carnival Game Design: Campers design and build carnival games.
- Ozobots I: Campers program golf-ball sized robots using color markers and drag and drop coding.
- Incredibox Concerts: Campers learn to use a computer application called Incredibox to create musical compositions.
- Digital Diorama Ecosystems: Campers create digital dioramas of an ecosystem using Tinkercad.
- Lego Cargo Lifts: Campers use Lego to design and test cargo lifts that can travel via zip lines.
- Brush Ninja: Campers use the website, Brush Ninja, to create animated GIFs.